FS REG is pleased to announce the launch of our Summer Course on Contract Drafting in English. It is a two-week course designed to teach you how to draft a contract in English using the correct clauses and terminology.
The course, which has been specifically designed for law students, trainee lawyers and junior lawyers who have not studied law in an English speaking jurisdiction, is intended to ensure you always look competent and professional when you draft a legal agreement in English.
Topics covered during the course include:
- Differences between English and American legal drafting;
- Narrowing and expanding the scope of a legal obligation through drafting;
- Meaning of common legal terms such as representations and warranties, joint and several liability, gross and simple negligence, best efforts and reasonable efforts, etc;
- “Boilerplate clauses” such as indemnities, term and termination, entire agreement, severance and waiver, counterparts, etc;
- Two practice sessions, one focused on reviewing a confidentiality agreement and the other focused on reviewing a supply agreement.
The course is a 2 weeks, 2 sessions per week course, with each session having a duration of approximately 1-1.5 hours. Sessions will be interactive with each participant encouraged to ask questions and participate in the discussion. Reading materials will be provided in advance and during the course.
Each lesson will be taught by Giuseppe Giusti, a corporate, investment funds and financial services lawyer with almost 20 years of experience of drafting legal agreements in English (https://www.linkedin.com/in/giuseppe-giusti-5a68a85b/).
Session days and timings are as follows:
|Session 1||Tuesday 9 June 2020 at 18.00 BST/19.00 CET|
|Session 2||Thursday 11 June 2020 at 18.00 BST/19.00 CET|
|Session 3||Tuesday 16 June 2020 at 18.00 BST/19.00 CET|
|Session 4||Thursday 18 June 2020 at 18.00 BST/19.00 CET|
The course will be delivered via Microsoft Teams or Zoom depending on the number of participants. A minimum of 5 participants is required for the course to take place.
To register, please use the Paypal button below. All major credit and debit cards accepted. The course price is GBP 250.
If you wish to pay by bank transfer or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact Khulan Batbayar on +44 20 7502 6621 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: This article provides general information only. It is not comprehensive and does not constitute the provision of legal, investment or regulatory advice. FS REG is not responsible for any action taken or omitted to be taken based on the information contained in this article. © 2020 FS REG Limited (www.fsreg.com). All rights reserved.